top of page

Association Rules

"Always wear your badge!"

Bear Creek Lakes is a preferred community due to the high level of commitment and effort expended to maintain its natural beauty and its many amenities. Endeavoring to protect our investments and our environment, the community has adopted a set of rules pertaining to the use of these amenities and our community. Please take a few moments to read through and become familiar with them.


As always, if you have any questions, please contact the Board of Directors.

Rental Property Registration Rule

At the May 15th BOD meeting the Board approved a rule for registration of any properties in BCL offered for rent or lease.  This registration will assist the board in defining the number of rentals in BCLCA and will allow the board to draft additional guidelines for rentals.

All rental properties must be registered by June 30, 2021.  A separate Registration form is required for each property that may be offered for lease or rental.  We realize that this is a short time period, however the form will only take a brief time to complete and return.

CLICK HERE to download the form. If you are unable to print the form and need a hard copy, please contact the office.

We appreciate the cooperation of all landlord members in this important first step in determining exactly how many properties in BCLCA are rentals.

In order to ensure compliance, the Board adopted a penalty provision: Failure to comply will result in a cumulative fine of $100.00 for each month/each property not properly registered.

Please mail, or drop off the completed form(s) to the BCLCA Office at 57 Pool Drive, Jim Thorpe, PA 18229

Email  for Forms and or Questions:

Are you planning to build on or modify your property in Bear Creek Lakes?

What are the rules?

There are three sets of rules that generally apply to your project:

  • Bear Creek Lakes Civic Association (BCLCA) rules as detailed in the Rule Book 

  • Restrictions set forth in the deed to your property

  • Penn Forest Township (PFT) building and zoning codes

  • You must find a deed that details all the restrictions on your property, such as the setbacks from the roads, rear yard, side yard and waterfront. If you do not have this particular deed, you can get a copy at the Carbon County Courthouse in Jim Thorpe.

  • Call or visit the PFT municipal building for more information on their building and zoning rules.

Depending on the individual case, the PFT rules can be more or less restrictive than BCLCA rules, or the deed covenants can prevent certain types of modification. In order to prevent wasted fees or effort, we urge you to investigate all applicable rules.

In all deed covenants of BCL, it is required that the member first obtain written permission from the Bear Creek Lakes Board of Directors before beginning any work projects.

If you have additional questions, please call the office 570-325-3334 and they will forward your question

to the BCLCA Board.

bottom of page